Maleys Barristers has lawyers who are experienced in:

  • applying for a domestic violence order (DVO) or personal violence restraining order (PVRO)
  • defending a DVO or PVRO

Domestic violence legislation in the NT covers family members and ex partners and “Personal violence” relates to other persons.

A domestic violence order is sought for protection. If a DVO is made a copy of the DVO must be given to the family law court if there are current parenting proceedings.

Options for defending a DVO or PVRO include:

  • consenting “without admission”
  • opposing the application
  • giving an undertaking

If you wish to apply for a DVO, have been served with an application and want to defend it, or have breached a current order Maleys Barristers may be able to help you.

Maleys Barristers & Solicitors,Copyright 2016 |